Postdoctoral Researcher (BITS BIoCyTiH Foundation), MMNE Lab
Fields of Interest: Microfluidics, Bio-MEMS
Research Areas: Miniaturized Diagnostics, Microfluidic Cell Culture, Organ-on-Chip Platforms, Biomarker Detection, Soil & Water Quality Assessment
Ph.D. (Electrical & Electronics Engineering)-Aug 2019 to November 2022
Birla Institute of Technology & Sciences (BITS)-Pilani, Hyderabad Campus
Topic: “Development of Microfluidics-Enabled Systems for Cardiac Cell Culture & Associated Biosensing”
Supervisors: Dr. Sanket Goel, Dr. Satish Kumar Dubey & Dr. Arshad Javed
M.E. (Mechanical Engineering)-Aug 2017 to Jul 2019
Birla Institute of Technology & Sciences (BITS)-Pilani, Hyderabad Campus
Thesis: “Microfluidic Platform for Soil Testing”
Advisor: Dr. Satish Kumar Dubey & Dr. Sanket Goel
B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering)-Aug 2012 to May 2016
Manipal University Jaipur
Thesis: “Evaluation of Shipbuilding Materials under Slow Strain Rate Testing”
Advisor: Cdr. (Dr.) DC Agarwal & Dr. Dalip S Shekhawat
Extra Credit Program
Special Auditing Student, Hiroshima University-June 2019 to July 2019
International Linkage Degree Program (ILDP) & Sakura Science Program (SSP) 2019
Domain of Study: High Speed Vision Systems
Skills Exposed to: High Speed Vision Systems & Convolutional Neural Network (CNN)
Supervisors: Prof Idaku Ishii (HU) & Prof Sanket Goel (BPHC)
Member, Institute of Smart Structures and Systems
Student Member, IEEE
Graduate Student Member, ASME
Member, Sakura Science Club
Prior Research Experience
Microfluidics Based Point of Source Integrated System for Nitrite Detection -Jan 2018 to April 2019
Skills Acquired: Practical exposure to different MEMS & Microfluidics based fabrication & characterization techniques (including 3D Printing, Photolithography & Laser Ablation), android app development, microcontroller programming, circuit design and fabrication
Evaluation of Shipbuilding Materials under Slow Strain Rate Testing-Jan 2016 to Jun 2016
Work carried out as a part of sponsored project “Metal/Hetero metal Oxides Nanostructures for Marine Coatings: Synthesis and Characterization” funded by Office of Naval Research Global (ONRG), Singapore
Skills Acquired : Hands-On experience to Dip Coating, Metal Surface Preparation, Galvanization, Slow Strain Rate Testing, knowledge of ASTM standards driven experimentation.
2. Fluid Management and Visualization Platform for Incubatorbased Cell Culture Applications
Inventors: Sohan Dudala, Satish K Dubey, Arshad Javed and Sanket Goel
Status: Indian Patent Filed (202211060178, October-2022)
1. Microfluidics Based Integrated System for Nitrite and Nitrate Detection and Analysis
Inventors: Sohan Dudala, Satish K Dubey and Sanket Goel
Status: Indian Patent Filed (201911004347, February-2019)
11. J. M. Mohan, S. Dudala, K. Amreen, A. Javed, S. K. Dubey & S. Goel, “Microfluidic Device Integrated with PDMS Microchannel and unmodified ITO glass Electrodes for Highly Sensitive, Specific and Point-of Care Detection of Copper and Mercury,” IEEE Trans. Nanobioscience, 2023 (Early Access), doi: 10.1109/TNB.2023.3241827.
10. S. K. Srivastava, M. Bhaiyya, S. Dudala, C. Hota & S. Goel, “A Machine Learning Approach for Electrochemiluminescence Based Point of Care Testing Device to Detect Multiple Biomarkers,” Sens. Actuator A Phys., vol. 350, pp. 114135, Feb. 2023, doi: 10.1016/j.sna.2022.114135.
9. P. Rewatkar, D. Nath, Jayapiriya U. S., S. Dudala, & S. Goel, “Self-powered Real-time Monitoring of Environmental Conditions by Arrayed Al-Air Origmai Fuel Cell,” J. of Power Sources, vol. 549, pp. 232127, Nov. 2022, doi: 10.1016/j.jpowsour.2022.232127.
8. S. Dudala, S. K. Dubey, A. Javed, A. Ganguly, & S. Goel, “Electromicrofluidic Device with Integrated PDMS microchannel and Laser-Induced Graphene Electrodes for Electrochemical Detection of Cardiac Biomarker in a Point-of-Care Platform,” J. Micromechanics Microengineering, vol. 32, pp. 104001, Aug. 2022, doi: 10.1088/1361-6439/ac8a55.
7. S. Dudala, S. K. Dubey, A. Javed, A. Ganguly, S. Kapur & S. Goel, “Portable Chemiluminescence Detection Platform and its Application in Creatinine Detection,” IEEE Sens. J., vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 7177–7184, Apr. 2022, doi: 10.1109/JSEN.2022.3151694.
6. S. Dudala, S. Srikanth, S. K. Dubey, A. Javed, & S. Goel, “Rapid Inkjet-Printed Miniaturized Interdigitated Electrodes for Electrochemical Sensing of Nitrite and Taste Stimuli,” Micromachines 2021, Vol. 12, Page 1037, vol. 12, no. 9, p. 1037, Aug. 2021, doi: 10.3390/MI12091037.
5. S. Srikanth, S. Dudala, Jayapiriya U.S., J. M. Mohan, S. Raut, S. K. Dubey, I. Ishii, A. Javed, & S. Goel, “Droplet-based lab-on-chip platform integrated with laser ablated graphene heaters to synthesize gold nanoparticles for electrochemical sensing and fuel cell applications,” Sci. Rep., vol. 11, no. 1, p. 9750, 2021, doi: 10.1038/s41598-021-88068-z.
4. A. R. Baranwal, S. Dudala, P. Rewatkar, J. M. Mohan, M. Salve, & S. Goel, “Development of Completely Automated Poly Potential Portable Potentiostat,” ECS J. Solid State Sci. Technol., vol. 10, no. 2, p. 027001, Feb. 2021, doi: 10.1149/2162-8777/abdc15.
3. S. Srikanth, S. Dudala, S. Raut, S. K. Dubey, I. Ishii, A. Javed, & S. Goel, “Optimization and characterization of direct UV laser writing system for microscale applications,” J. Micromechanics Microengineering, vol. 30, no. 9, p. 15, Sep. 2020, doi: 10.1088/1361-6439/ab92ea.
2. S. Dudala, S. K. Dubey, & S. Goel, “Microfluidic Soil Nutrient Detection System: Integrating Nitrite, pH, and Electrical Conductivity Detection,” IEEE Sens. J., vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 4504–4511, Apr. 2020, doi: 10.1109/JSEN.2020.2964174.
1. S. Dudala, S. K. Dubey, & S. Goel, “Fully Integrated, Automated, and Smartphone Enabled Point-of-Source Portable Platform With Microfluidic Device for Nitrite Detection,” IEEE Trans. Biomed. Circuits Syst., vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 1518–1524, Dec. 2019, doi: 10.1109/TBCAS.2019.2939658.
Conference Presentations & Publications
6. S. Dudala, S. Kumar Dubey, A. Javed, A. Ozcariz, I. R. Matias & Sanket Goel, “Integrated Platform for Microfluidics Based Cell Culture Applications”, The 15th International Conference on Sensing Technology (ICST’15), December 05-07, 2022.
5. S. Dudala, M. Singh, M. B. Kulkarni, R. J. Dey, S. K. Dubey, & S. Goel, “Portable Temperature Management System for Microfluidics based Isothermal Nucleic Acid Amplification”, The 34th IEEE International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems MEMS 2021, January 25-29, 2021, M-134.i.
4. S. Dudala, S. Srikanth, S. K. Dubey, A. Javed, & S. Goel, “Development of Miniaturized Interdigitated Electrode Sensors and Their Application in Taste Sensing,” ECS Trans., vol. 98, no. 12, pp. 49–56, Sep. 2020, doi: 10.1149/09812.0049ecst.
3. S. Srikanth, J. M. Mohan, S. Dudala, S. K. Dubey, A. Javed, & S. Goel, “Direct UV laser writing system to photolithographically fabricate optimal microfluidic geometries: Experimental investigations,” in Materials Today: Proceedings, Jan. 2020, vol. 28, pp. 799–803, doi: 10.1016/j.matpr.2019.12.301.
2. S. Dudala, L. T. Rao, S. K. Dubey, A. Javed, & S. Goel, “Experimental characterization to fabricate CO2 laser ablated PMMA microchannel with homogeneous surface,” in Materials Today: Proceedings, Jan. 2020, vol. 28, pp. 804–807, doi: 10.1016/j.matpr.2019.12.302.
1. S. Dudala, P. S. B., S. K. Dubey, & S. Goel, “Design of Colorimetric Lab-On-Chip Platform for Detection of Nitrite in Water”, Proceedings of Photonics-2018: International Conference on Fiber Optics and Photonics (IIT Delhi), December 12-15, 2018, SP077, ISBN 978-93-88653-41-1.
MEMS, Microfluidics & Nanoelectronics Lab
J-204, J-Block, BITS-Pilani, Hyderabad Campus
Jawahar Nagar, Kapra Mandal
Hyderabad-500078, Telangana, India
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org